Friday, January 9, 2009

Which one to choose?

Jay, is going to run the marathon with me and I am so excited about that! He is worried that he isn't going to have the time to devote to the training because of his work. I am going to try to help encourage him along the way and I know he can do it, plus this will be his second one to run. We are looking to do the race late this fall or early winter. There are 3 marathons that I am considering so far. St. George (Utah) Marathon, Rt. 66 Marathon (Tulsa, OK), Walt Disney Marathon. Some are lottery style entries so I know we need to decide quickly where we want to run this beast and hopefully we will get in. That give us close to a year to train.

Yesterday, we received our Sierra Trading Post order. Jason ordered a pair of shoes and we both got two pairs of running shorts. I held up the shorts and boy they looked short and so did Jay's! We tried them on in the kitchen and yes they are short. I felt like my fat thighs were just totally exposed. Jay told me that I would soon grow into them, he meant the opposite but I knew what he meant. I hope so!

Today I weigh 148.2. I would love to get to the 130 range. That isn't my goal, the marathon is my goal, it would just be an extra bonus. Not sure what I am going to do today for my cross training. It is going to be nice today so I think I am going to go out and about with my boy and take advantantage of 70 degree weather in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment