Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Training Begins!

Training began this week for me. My schedule for now looks like this:

Sun.- Rest Day
Mon.- Crosstrain (work on core strengthing, my legs, whatever sounds fun)
Tues.- Long Run (I am not sure if I want to switch this with Wednesday)
Weds.- Short Run
Thurs.- Rest Day
Fri.- Crosstrain
Sat.- Short Run

Today (Wednesday), I ran 8 miles on my treadmill at 5.5 miles an hour. The kids watched "Kung Fu Panda" while I ran. It took me 86 minutes to run the 8 miles. Almost the exact length of times as the movie. Cool, I know! My left foot had a pain in it most of my run. I think my big thighs makes my feet turn out and hurts my left foot. That is just a guess! I need to go to Fleet Feet in Fayetteville and get some new shoes and maybe they can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I plan on writing the good, the bad and the ugly everyday. What I hope to get out of this is just an account of what it took for me to make it to my goal. I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment