Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm Back and Better than Ever! Well, at least Better than Before!

Ok, it has been around a year and a half since I last posted so I decided today is the day to start again! Well, a lot has happened during my hiatus; almost 20 pounds lost, a half marathon under my belt and I am playing soccer again. My marathon dreams have disappeared but I am not down on myself because of this. I have a love for running now and I have found that a half marathon is good enough for me!!! I guess I might need to consider changing my blog title!?

Today I ran 5 miles outside and it felt good. I bought some new running clothes yesterday that I like a lot. I really feel like a good top that is designed for running helps, instead of a bulky tee shirt that can chafe and get in your way. I am trying to run 3 time a week and I am playing on two soccer teams so I have two game a week as a cross training time. I want to do a half marathon in November so I need to start working on some more long runs again. This summer was so hot so I didn't do a lot of them well actually I think I did one 7 miler and that was it and all were under that.

I am loving soccer. I can't remember if I was playing soccer when I started this blog. I think I have been playing for around a year and a half now. It really was an answer to prayer. I had prayed that I could some how play again and about a week later a gal from my past called to see if I could be on her team in Springdale! I have scored 3 goal this season, yay! I just started playing on a co-ed team, that should be fun and a little less competitive, we will see. First game was suppose to be last night but got canceled.

Well, this was fun! Maybe I will try to keep this up and going! Until my next exercising adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know this one existed. I was still looking at 'high energy'. When did you start this one???
    Anyway, way to go on the running and the blogging. What about the baking? Got any quick, fun ideas for a b-day cake for my girl?

    ReplyDelete